ASPIRING MASTER OF INVITATION, HOST, WRITER
Here are some facts:
- I live in Perth, Ontario, near Canada’s capital, Ottawa.
- Caught up in the drama and furor of the 60s.
- Worked as freelance editor, government writer, and for small publications, especially Everyman Men’s Journal (dubbed best men’s publication by Warren Farrell) for which I was the first editor and frequent contributor.
- Successfully or crazily avoided a one-path full-time career and have been a long-term student of many forms of self-development under various spiritual and worldly teachers – and under none.
- Inspired and blessed by dreams!
- Co-developer of nine Canadian conferences focused on men’s issues and development, attended by women and men.
- A Focusing Trainer since 1995. (Focusing is a teachable way of self-directed therapy and emotional literacy.)
- A 4Gateways Coach since c. 2007. (4Gateways is a method of evoking soul wisdom developed by ritual elder Tom Daly.)
- Schooled by thousands of hours in small groups of peers.
- With Enlivening Edge, co-hosted online groups for reinventing organizations
- Host / co-host of hundreds of hours of group exploration in small groups online, many connected to Art of Hosting community.
- Informed by Bert Hellinger’s Family Constellations and his work on systems.
- The concept of conscience as unconscious loyalty (usually associated with Hellinger) is central to me. I first developed in this essay, The Singular Place of Dual Blessing, and then in my book Evolutionary YOU.
- Practitioner of David Bohm’s Dialogue group process locally, sometimes offer this online.
- Interested in activism benefits from new and “deeper” ways of communicating. Connected to Extinction Rebellion and Deep Adaptation.
- My view of now is that collapse is inevitable, catastrophe probable, and extinction possible (Jem Bendell’s wording) and that our civilizational death is also a rebirth.
- Keen canoeist and outdoorsman.
- Fan of singalongs, great writing and Aki Karismaki movies