CONVERSATION HOST, WRITER, ASPIRING MASTER OF INVITATION
So many ways to tell about oneself. This little fable, based on a dream from February 2019, takes a very non-linear route to say something about me and what I’m doing.
Here are some facts:
- I live in the town of Perth, Ontario, near Canada’s capital, Ottawa. There are three Andrew MacDonald’s there so I add in my middle name.
- Raised as a Catholic with early thoughts of becoming a priest but left that behind in university
- Worked as freelance editor, government writer, and for small publications, especially Everyman Men’s Journal for which I was the first editor and frequent contributor (dubbed best men’s publication by Warren Farrell). Wrote some 80 articles, columns and stories for it.
- Worked as a freelance editor
- I successfully or crazily avoided a one-path full-time career and have been a long-term student of many forms of self-development under various spiritual and worldly teachers – and under none.
- Co-developer of some nine Canadian conferences focused on men’s issues and development, attended by women and men.
- A Focusing Trainer since 1995. Focusing is a way of self-directed therappy and emotional literacy that can be taught to others.
- A 4Gateways Coach since about 2007. 4Gateways is a method of evoking soul wisdom developed by ritual elder Tom Daly, Boulder.
- I practice Family Constellations and have been working with a simple way of using constellation’s “representation” form to work with personal issues and to connect to global issues
- I offer a way of working with David Bohm’s Dialogue online.
- I developed Hello Climate Change!, a completely new way of approaching climate change based on seeing the future as something that is not just “out there in the future” but in here now. If you’re on my mailing list you’ll hear about next iterations.
- I’ve spent many decades exploring how participation in groups helps our self-development.
- I’m the author of Evolutionary YOU: Discovering the depths of radical change. It’s about breaking through the bubble of individual consciousness into the collective intelligence that’s possible through groups.
- I lived off-grid in the country for some time before selling my place and moving to town.
- I’m a keen canoeist and outdoorsman,
- I like singalongs, good writing and Aki Karismaki movies
- I love to watch youtube videos focused on world politics, gender issues, men’s stuff, free speech and transpartisanship, with sidetrips into music.
New connections change us. Join my mailing list to connect with me through ideas and live interactions – and to connect me to you. I hope you do! It’s really about mutual exploration and discovering the road as we walk it together.